On Beautyologie’s blog, The Study of Finding Beauty in Life, we love doing deep dives on ethical beauty brands and their founders, reporting on transparent supply chain methods and spotlighting the producers who deserve to be seen and heard. We also aspire to create a place of discovery featuring stories about beneficial ventures impacting the environment, the animal kingdom and the beautiful world we live in.
To learn more about writing for our blog, please review the pitching and writing guidelines below.
- Please pitch 1-3 headlines accompanied by a brief outline of what you would like to cover. If we’re interested, we’ll get back to you. We may want to modify your headlines or the angle of your piece—however, we’ll work with you to get it just right.
- If you’re pitching to The Study of Finding Beauty in Life for the first time, please include 2-3 relevant writing samples.
- When you’re ready, submit your pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you shortly.
If your pitch has been accepted, we’ll give you the green light to get started with your draft. Note that acceptance of your pitch does not guarantee publication. If necessary, we may ask for revisions and/or edit any submitted work.
As you’re writing, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Drafts should be 600-1000 words and submitted as a Google doc.
- Content should be 100% original and not have already been posted elsewhere. All submissions will be run through a plagiarism checker before being accepted.
- Images are welcomed, but not required. If included, please attribute photo credit where it’s due.
- Please read through our current blog posts to get a feel for our tone and brand voice.
- We will not accept posts with overly promotional and commercial content.
Before submitting, read your post again and ask yourself:
- Did I proofread and use spell check?
- Did I use bullet points and/or numbered lists to break up my post and make the text more readable?
- Did I include relevant links?
- Where necessary, did I cite my research and data sources?
- Along with your post, please submit a brief author bio and headshot to accompany your piece. We allow one do-follow link in your bio.
Full transparency, as a start-up, we are not in the position to financially compensate for stories at this time. However, there may be opportunities to receive assignments from us that include product compensation.
Thanks for your interest in contributing to our blog! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com