Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima)
Avocado Oil For Skin Benefits And Uses
Avocado oil is from a fruit that has a lot of health benefits and a lot of beauty benefits as well! Learn about some of the most popular uses for this fruit, like its use in face masks and as an ingredient in moisturizers.
What is Avocado Oil Exactly?
Derived from the flesh of avocados, and it’s chock-full of nutrients that are beneficial for your skin. Packed with vitamins A, D, and E, and healthy fats that moisturize your skin. Additionally when applied topically, it soothes dry skin, heal cracked lips, and provide protection against sun damage.
Shop for beauty products with Avocado Oil
View More Clean Beauty Products with Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima)
What are the Skin Benefits of Avocado Oil?
This “superfood” does wonders for your skin! Here are some of the top benefits:
1. Has many nutrients.
Avocado oil is rich in vitamins A, D, and E. These nutrients are essential for healthy skin cell turnover, which helps keep your skin looking youthful and radiant.
2. An excellent moisturizer.
If you suffer from dry, flaky skin, avocado oil can help. It’s a natural emollient, meaning it helps lock in moisture and keep your skin hydrated.
3. Can help heal damaged skin and reduce the signs of aging.
Avocado Oil contains essential fatty acids and oleic acid that help regenerate skin cells and promote collagen production. This can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Helps heal wounds
Avocado Oil has anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces wound inflammation and decreases skin irritation. Collagen production also helps repair the skin and heal wounds.
5. It helps with acne and other skin condtions
Because avocado oil is full of vitamins, and is anti-oxidant, and because of its healing properties, it can be very helpful in fighting acne and soothing skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
6. It improves nails
Avocado oil helps soften the skin around the nails, moisturizes nails preventing breaking and brittleness.
Avocado Oil benefits for Hair
1. It is a great scalp moisturizer
Well hydrated skin on the scalp will make the hair appear healthier. It also reduces dandruff.
2. Prevents hair breakage
Avocado oil is great for creating a healthy, strengthening layer of oil around hair, therefore preventing hair from breaking.
3. Protects from environmental damage
Avocado oil's protective layer around the hair can also safeguard it from effects of sunlight, pollution, chlorine and other harmful agents that exit in the environment.
Avocado oil serves as a great detangler. You can apply small amounts of avocado oil to nettled hair, then brush it through until the hair is untangled and smooth.
How to Use Avocado Oil for Skin
- Avocado oil is best applied directly onto your skin or mixed in your skincare products. It is often used in face masks, moisturizers, creams and lotions. You can also mix it with honey for a great hydrating and healing mask.
- Combining the healing properties of both avocado and honey creates a wonderful soothing and regenerating mask for your skin.
- When using avocado oil before bath or shower, you should mix it with some water.
- When using the avocado oil after shower or bath in the evening, apply small amounts of avocado oil directly onto your skin and massage it gently until it is absorbed. It will leave your skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated. You can wash it off in the morning.
- To use avocado oil on your scalp, heat the oil gently and massage it onto your scalp, keep it in overnight and then wash your hair in the morning.
Avocado Oil is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which make it an excellent choice for skin care. It can be used to moisturize the skin, protect against sun damage, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Avocado oil can help improve the appearance and texture of your skin. It is especially beneficial for dry and dehydrated skin, since it contains a high concentration of vitamins A and E. This can help reduce wrinkles, scars, and sun damage. Avocado oil also has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated skin such as acne, psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
An excellent natural remedy for a number of different skin conditions. Packed with nutrients that are beneficial for the skin, such as vitamins A, D, and E. Avocado oil can be used to treat dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and acne. If you are looking for a natural way to improve the health of your skin, avocado oil is definitely worth considering.
Warnings - When not to use Avocado Oil on your skin and hair
- Be careful not to use avocado oil past its expiration date.
- Stop using avocado oil if you are allergic to it. To test for avocado allergy, apply small amount onto your hand. Wait 24 hours and if you don't develop a rash or a reaction, it should be safe for you to use it.
fair trade ingredients
Looking for clean, cruelty-free and ethically sourced skincare ingredients? Look no further than Beautyologie's skincare ingredient checker! Our ingredient checker allows you to see which ingredients are clean, cruelty-free and ethically sourced, so you can make informed choices about the beauty products you use.